The story i've been working on lately is actually appearing to me in mostly visual form. By that I mean I can see what I want to happen but I don't have the words that I usually have. What I really want to say is that it's coming as a screenplay instead of a novel.
it's based on a question Joelle chose from the list of discussion questions we were using with students on Tuesdays. So it's dedicated to Joelle.
We see a woman wake up in a nice place. Every thing about it is nice. The sheets look new but still soft. The room looks clean and the light coming in is low, but the lines of the room and the colors make it airy so the few rays go a long way.
Then the woman wakes up all the way and freaks out. It becomes apparent that she doesn't recognize the place. We see her searching frantically for clues. We hear noises. but they're low and easy to ignore. plus, she's making a lot of noise. Then she's looking at her arms in the low light. goes to the bedside table and turns on a lamp. She's checking her arms for needle marks or anything. She's trying to find out if she's been drugged. she sees the drawer to the bedside table is cracked. She pulls it open and sees some familiar rectangles. Two books that are hers. On top is her new journal. There's some noise of the doorknob rattling to open. She shuffles over to it to face whoever's coming in. She gets ready to attack.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment