I just couldn't help myself. The thought crossed my mind of such clever wording that I just couldn't let it pass by unrecorded.
So, yes, that is the only word there is for Chinese dorm bathrooms. It greatly added to the adventure of the month at QHNU and I was excited to learn new skills. Honest. My fear is that describing the difference in the respect between the two sides of the world would come across as complaining. I remember when someone affirmed my family group member, Tim, commending that he never once complained. Hearing that made me feel a surge of wanting to be that kind of person, who never even makes jokes which I assume many of my teammates mistook for complaints. So, in my assessment of Chinese bathrooms, I really appreciated them. I appreciated the opportunity to do things differently.
That may have been the best thing in the travel experience, that so many things that Americans take for granted as needing to be done a certain way were actually undertaken with a completely contrasting method. Things that I have always done differently tend to make me as a standout in a bad way and causes me to be perpetually and constantly misunderstood, but in China it was readily assumed that we would be so varied and so my unusual behaviors either escaped notice or simply failed to erect barriers the way they do here. Which is why I love China.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment