Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Heinlein, or what I read now that Harry is out of the picture.

I doubt I could fully express my gratitude to Dave for introducing me to the genius of Heinlein during that fateful train ride. And I think that if the many others aboard the train--who were able to enjoy the silence they would have missed has I not been reading--knew that Dave was responsible for the fact that I was not talking for most of the ride, they would thank him, too. (See you can tell I've been reading and writing a lot because the more I do so, the more the use of run-on sentences gets out of hand.)
So, because of this incident, I have discovered another favorite Sci-fi author to go with Tepper and Butler.
Even though there are several cliches that have come up in all three of the novels I have read so far, I am still not disappointed by plot or the underlying message. The main-character stereotype is making me a little weary, but other than that and the inevitable denunciation of faith, I am happy.
But I miss Harry!
I am so glad that November is approaching. Slowly.

No comments: