Ok, so based on the information I recently learne, I was suddenly in a unique position.
By this I mean that for once I didn't like anybody. And this is a great thing, because for once my head was cleared up and I wasn't constantly thinking pointlessly but could actually concentrate on the currently relevant. That is very nice.
Unfortunately it's bound to be short lived. In fact, it was short lived. I soon went back to being bombarded by the wrong images all over again. It gets in the way so much. Those moments when I'm trying to decide whether to get up or keep pretending to sleep, and along come those visions. They really don't help.
To be slightly less vague, the problem with those fantasy moments is that they're not real. They take a normal person, a real person that I know, and turn him into something that is not real but is dominant in my mind. And I can't relate to such a person as he is, but only as he relates to the fabricated variation of him that is in my mind. And that is no way to be left dealing with good, decent people.
And the less I see of the real versions of such people, the more the fantasy counterparts grow and take over.
Surely there's a way to get away from such a state of mind. I know there was a moment today when I was screaming in mind for it to stop. I was thinking "Oh, God, don't ever let that happen." And it wouldn't be that hard to stop it, either. I just went right back to visualizing. I felt bad for doing it, but not enough to stop doing it.
Ideally I would stop, and i would be totally satisfied with my life, rather than longing for something I don't need as if it is the only thing I need.
Now, I would like to be really happy to be satisfied with being alone for now. It bothers me a little that my roomate keeps trying to set me up. It's really nice of her to do it, but it would be better if I were ready. Unfortunately, I should at least spend a little while being ok with being without anybody before I can be ok with being with anybody.
Otherwise, I would be simply using one person to forget about all previous persons and trying to fill up some emotional void. That's not fair to those persons. That's all I have to say about that.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment