Friday, September 09, 2005

An unanticipated dilemma

It has come to my attention that my roommate is much more knowledgeable than I had previously assumed:
  1. Despite my many nonexistant efforts to conceal the existence of my blog, she found it. To imagine that listing it under "favorites" would make it fair game. This was combined with the nature of blogs to gradually become less and less confidential while the information confided becomes more and more personal.
  2. on an unrelated note I feel incredibly sick right now.
  3. She is very good at extracting information by force during long lunch breaks

And I was also enlightened to the fact that certain parties have met with her in discourse of certain important matters.

Anyway, tricky little one, she is. I think we've reached one of those monumental points at which a relationship drastically changes based on the divulging of heartfelt information and individual layers of emotional chitin must be scrapped.

Based on something she said today, she has the same type of problem I do. She said something like "the way i act is totally different from the way i am." Thus I think that like me, she has a bunch of shields up against the world that serve as a good blind against strangers. Unfortunately for whatever plans bread those wall, friends encroach and invade past such barriers and sometimes knock them out entirely.

And I think that whenever significant breaches occur, relationships are forced to change. Now I wonder what is going to happen.

No comments: