Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Christians Don't Swear...Unless they're pissed off.

So I'm like, overjoyed to be moving. For some reason I'm still incredibly, unbeleivably stressed. I can tell I'm stressed because I just ate and entire box of honey bunches of Oats with Almonds. So at least I got lots of vitamin E.
Ok, so there goes my determination to eat as though I have self respect. I think I was also dehydrated.I think I may be losing my mind.
The main problem I think I had today was my malcious feelings toward a certain person who talks a lot more than is necessary. I realized that I really hate when people complain all day, especially when they do it out if ignorance and refusal to understand. I;ve found that the only way I can complain about something is if I take a very narrow and selfish perspective on it. Like, I can complain all about work, but that would require omitting how blessed i am just to be working, plus all tha gets accomplished, as well as the perspectives of everyone else involved. I can't stand complaining to begin with. But what I really can't stand is when people who claim to be Christians talk smack all about other people. I hate that duality of being nice and singing, and then turning around and complaining all about someone else. That's not right. I really hate when we make ourselves look bad like that. It's like, what the heck do I do? Do I say, "Stop that! Don't you remember whose you are?" man, I'm so angry I can't stand it. Ok, so that's my deal for now. I can't see straight.
My other point is that I really don't like hearing the people of God that I know swear. Now, for the most part, the only swear I ever hear them say is "Pissed off" and that's it. That's the worst for them. Now, I randomly swear worse than that. In fact, I think I swore during my first Retreat Of Silence at SLT. I slipped on a rock and said [
ʃɪɾ ] (haha, censors don't know phonetics)
But anyway, do Christians even have a right to be pissed off? I mean, aren's we supposed to praise God in good times and bad, no matter how hard it is?
Ok, so I'm too tired to totally make sense, I guess all I'm trying to say could be much better articulated. But I really want to emphasize that if we're really people of God, we've got to do everything as people of God, we can't ever forget who we are and that we are His. All my trouble comes along when I forget who I am. I forgo who I was by the time I got to college. I forgot who I was for a long time before I got saved. I don't think I totally learned who I was when i first got saved, or in the three years since. i think SLT was a huge step in that direction. I think I still have a lot to learn about who I am and how God intended me to be. I think I'm still afraid of that person. I think that person is pretty freakin scary. Imagine: Me, functional. Pretty freakin scary. I'm really scared. I want it but I'm scared of it. And I think a lot of us are scared of ourselves like that. Why? I have so much trouble understanding.

No comments: